- Goto System Preferences/users
- Add a user with password
- Goto System Preferences/sharing
- Enable Screen Sharing
- Click ‘+’ and add the user you added in step 2
- If you are accessing your internet behind your router – you will have an ipv4
address in the range of 10. and 192.
- Goto to your router’s homepage and unblock ports 5900, 3283, 22
- Goto ddg.gg and search for ‘ip’
- Give this url vnc://
to your friend and also the password from step 2
- Open finder
- Go > Connect to Server
- Add the copy-paste the url there
- Click connect
- voilà ! your friend can see and control your desktop
- If your friend repeats these steps, you can see your friend’s desktop.
- You can toggle observe mode in View
- You can do file transfers from Window
!! Use Activity Monitor to check the bandwidth !!
Welcome to Pair Programming :)